Step 1: Posting an Item
Begin by clicking on the "Sell An Item" button located in the top right corner.
This is where you will post an item and enter all of its information. It prompts the following:
- Condition of the item
- Buy it now price
- Lowest asking price (we will send the offers in between your buy it now and lowest asking price) (Optional)
- % Decrease in price each week (Optional)
- Select if you want your item to be available local only, at a national level (this is only available for items that can be shipped, no bulky items, etc), or both.
- Description (give more detailed information about the brand, condition, and anything else you would want the buyer to know)
- Photos (clear pictures and 4+ pictures from different angles give the buyer more of an incentive to click on your listing)
- Choose if you want to post on free marketplace platforms only, paid marketplace platforms only, or both.
*Paid marketplace platforms: Some marketplaces charge a fee for selling on their platforms (eBay, Amazon, Offerup, Grailed, etc). Sellers are responsible for Marketplace fees and Flip It fees.
*Flip It charges a 20% commission fee on items that sell for less than $250. Items sold for $250+, Flip It charges a 15% commission fee.
Do you live in the Boston Area? Try out our new service.
Have your items posted for you. A Flip It employee will take pictures of your item, perform market research to price your item accordingly, make suggestions to make your item sell faster, mail out items for you, and do exchange in-person meetups for you. Contact us to learn more.
Step 2: Flip It post’s your item everywhere!
- Flip It will post your item within 48 hours. If we receive offers on your item, they will be emailed or texted to you.
- Depending on your preferences, you will either receive a buyer’s phone number to schedule a meetup to sell your item at a public location. Or you will receive an address/shipping label from Flip It to mail your item to the buyer.
Flip It is not affiliated with any of the marketplace platforms used to sell your item.